9.23.2009

solo

i went to see this movie all by myself. i think this is the first time i have ever been to the movies alone.



let me just say that going solo was perfect, especially for this movie. it was sorta freeing walking in there alone. and it was a good thing i was alone because i was crying for an hour straight. tears streaming down my face, for an HOUR! i couldn't believe how much i cried. i don't really cry in movies either, not that i think it's dumb to, i just don't. i had to hold back the sniffles and sorta wished i had rented it and was home on my couch so i could sniff all i wanted. i read the book {thanks to jana!} and loved it and it made the movie that much better.

loved the movie and loved that i was alone.

does anyone else go to movies alone sometimes? i think i might do it more often.
blog signature butterfly

9 comments:

Taryn said...

I loved that movie, went with some girlfriends of mine and I also bawled and went home nad just hugged my husband after. I wish I would have gone alone though fo rhte same reasons you did. Maybe I'll have to try that? My Grandma and Grandpa Facer always go to movies alone and I thought it was so weird and an old people thing, but I am starting to see the value! :) Love ya Beck. Its so fun to read your blog.

kate said...

I went to that movie alone, and I'm actually really glad that I did as well.

One. I was bawling my eyes out too.
and
Two. I loved that book, and honestly didn't want others opinions on the movie at the moment that I saw it.. {does that make sense?}

So glad you liked the movie and the book!

p.s.. I've become a huge fan of going to the movies myself {sometimes.} It's liberating.

p.s.. glad to see you're poosting again.

Unknown said...

Oh good I am glad you likeded it. It will be a rental for me- but just because it isn't easy to get to the movie theater oh yea and I dislike movie theaters quite a bit too!!

Johnny & Alli said...

Shane you jerk! He's lucky you had a good time by yourself!! :)

carly k said...

Oh I still need to see that... I had mixed feelings about the book, but I like what Kate said about going alone so you didn't have to hear others judgements. Plus I can't decide who I have a bigger crush on... Rachel McAdams or Eric Bana.

JENNIFER said...

Totally! I know exactly what you mean, sometimes it's so impowering to be alone! I cried during the movie too but not as much as my fiance! HA! He's a softy! I'm glad we got to come over and talk to you the other day I hope you have a terrific weekend!

laurel said...

I go alone ALL THE TIME. Wait, does that make me sound pathetic? I actually love going alone, but I also like to shop alone and even like eating out alone sometimes.

Hale-O There said...

I felt like the biggest boob crying through the whole second half of the movie. Maybe it was a good one to see alone;)

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Oh, I am right there with you! I wish I had seen it alone, as I too had read it before and balled, and wanted to ball more than I did! I love going to movies alone, although I haven't done it in a while. I love it, you get to be caught up in the movie without caring what anyone else thinks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails