1.18.2009

zero circle . . .

. . . be helpless, dumbfounded,
unable to say yes or no.
then a stretcher will come from grace
to gather us up.

we are too dull-eyed to see that beauty.
if we say we can, we're lying.
if we say no, we don't see it,
that no will behead us
and shut tight our window onto spirit.

so let us rather not be sure of anything,
beside ourselves, and only that, so
miraculous beings come running to help.
crazed, lying in a zero circle, mute,
we shall be saying finally,
with tremendous eloquence, lead us.
when we have totally surrendered to that beauty,
we shall be a mighty kindness.

i got this poem from my cousin vali at a desert retreat about 2 years ago. i didn't fully comprehend it then but something about it spoke to me. i kept it by my bed, with a few of my other favs. then friday night, this came to my head during a particular moment of not knowing and i got it. i got it. i was lying in a zero circle at that moment in my life. every line of the poem made sense to me and i surrendered. i know this is a different poem and i don't expect anyone to really get me. i just had to share. I had to share with you all that certain people are sent into our lives that affect us and certain experiences can really make a light go on in our heads. this "getting" of this poem was a light, a peace and a comfort for me. so i wanted to share. maybe you too will understand it one day . . . or even today. :)

1 comments:

petite lama said...

ok seriously, let's have some long distance coffee. i would love to chat any time--maybe tonight?

those stretchers are all about holding you up

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails